10/22/08

A Proud Moment


K.J. has been in Kindergarten for a little over 2 months now. I have been impressed with the school he is in and with his teacher, Mrs. People's. Last night was the proudest moment...so far. K.J. and I were reading the book he brought home to read this week, Come On Up! by Joy Kim. As we were reading, K.J. would read the words he knew, he was identifying them, identifying the letters and sounding the words out. But then...we were about half way through the book, I turned the page and K.J. reads "I will not go that high!" in a loud, clear voice! I stopped and looked at him, he had a HUGE smile on his face and so did I! We finished the book and he continued to read more and more. I finished tucking him into bed, kissed him goodnight and went downstairs. I was so excited, I ran to Kenny and was shouting "He is reading! K.J. is reading!" and I started to get a little teary eyed.

It is happening so fast, this little boy growing up right before my eyes. I had to go into school this morning for some other business, but I made a point to stop by and see Mrs. Peoples. I wanted to share with her and thank her for being such a wonderful teacher. She expressed to me how great he is doing in class too. She also told me how awesome his behavior is and that he is really making an effort everyday to make good choices. WAY TO GO K.J.!!!

0 comments: